Sunday, October 9, 2016

Global Cooperative Learning

The ePals sight is very interesting and I think of all the tools we've looked at this semester this is probably the one that intrigues me the most. The idea of being able to not only collaborate with another teacher, but also give students the chance to collaborate with students in another country, brings up endless possibilities.

The program that I think interests me the most from what I saw is the "A Taste of Culture," concept, it involves kids from different country exchanging recipes. Part of what I liked about this idea, is that it incorporates aspects from two other classes I am taking this semester. In my Methods and Materials class we are learning about Collaborative Learning, and this would give students to not only work in a group but work in a group with kids on the other side of the globe. I am also taking a class on teaching culture, and besides the obvious cultural lessons taught through a recipe exchange, just the act of cooperating with kids from another culture would help students to learn about those students culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment